Installing a blumenvasen

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

missred66

Installing a blumenvasen

Post by missred66 »

Hi all,

I have a question, I am wondering how a bud vase would attach in my VW. I am looking at this one:

http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp ... -AC881-950

But, I saw a picture where the vase was hooked on to the steering wheel. I don't want that at all. :wink:

Anyway, do you guys know if I could just attach it somehow to the dash or should I find a different vase?

Thanks![/url]
pira114

Post by pira114 »

Most of the new ones I've seen designed for older bugs use a suction cup. The new beetles actually have a hole for it. The old ones, if I'm not mistaken, used a clip that hung from the top of the dashboard at the bottom of the window. Someone else might have a better or more accurate description.

I don't have one obviously.
--------------------------------------------------

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave. ~Elmer Davis
missred66

Post by missred66 »

That helped me a lot, thanks so much!
sjbaird

Post by sjbaird »

I bought that one. It comes with a little metal bracket that you're supposed to screw to the dash (or wherever). The vase slide onto the bracket. I'm not about to drill holes in my dash, so I'm making a little adapter to hang it from the grill in front of the speaker. I think I'll be able to do this without having to modify my dash in any way.