Happy to Find the 66 Forum

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Bruce Rank

Happy to Find the 66 Forum

Post by Bruce Rank »

My name is Bruce Rank. I am 58 and recently retired. I have owned a number of VW's while growing up as a teenager in Souther California (a 60 Beetle, a 63 notchback and a 67 Squareback). All I wish I still had today but unfortunately, I lacked the wisdom as a young man to keep them. I am currently looking for a 66 and I feel grateful to find the 66 forum as a place to go for the answers to the many questions I'm sure I will have before completing the project. Thanks in advance.
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Welcome Bruce!

Alex.
agggilli

Post by agggilli »

Welcome Bruce, you live in an area of the country where most of the VW's are still relatively well preserved. Here's wishing you happy hunting for that special one that will fulfill your dreams!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Bruce and welcome to the forum! Best of luck in the hunt!
empiracer1966

Post by empiracer1966 »

Bruce Rank,

Welcome to the forum!!

Check out www.thesamba.com for a good/solid '66. There are always some good candidates for sale in the classified section, especially there from the west coast.

Brian
2 "BUG" infested garages='57 rag top, '61 recently sold, 2-'64s, 2-'66s 1 s.r. other is a standard, "66 Deluxe Bus-recently sold, '73 & a '74 bugs, 2 kids and a Beautiful, encouraging Wife with a 2 tone "Retro Look" '01 "Sport" turbo NB
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome.
Teal

Post by Teal »

You picked a good time to look, the economy has dropped prices. In your Craigslist searches take a look Arizona way, you might see something worth the drive. Either way good luck and be well!

RT