Brian from Paso Robles, CA

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
losthillsguy

Brian from Paso Robles, CA

Post by losthillsguy »

I picked up my '66 in February of 2009 and I just now got around to registering for this site.

Currently I own 4 VWs and 1 Porsche. My parents drove the family around in a '58 bus so I've been a VW person all my life. I took my drivers test at 16 in a '67 13 Window Deluxe Bus.

These days I'm involved with our local club which is a chapter of the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America. www.centralcoastvwclub.com One of our main functions besides driving and restoring VWs is raising money for soldiers wounded in battle. You may have seen our raffles on thesamba, but for some reason we haven't raffled a '66 yet!? Someday we'll have to remedy that.

My journey with a '66 started Jan 09 when I received this email...

"Hi, I was hoping you could steer me the right way. I have a 66 VW that is fairly unusual. I had always hoped to to a frame off restoration, but it doesn't look like that will happen. This car is a "german standard" that was sold to the german public only, has a sliding sunroof, three spoked steering wheel. I'd love for it to go to an enthusiast. Ideas?

Aaron, Chico, CA"

OK, are you as excited now as I was when that popped up in my inbox!

I'll tell you more about the car in the "My 66 Beetle" forum.

Brian O'Kelly
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey Brian! Welcome to the forum - looking forward to seeing pictures of your 66.
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

I belong to the COVVC, Central Ohio Vintage Volkswagen Club. The raffle you guys run is AWESOME. What a cool idea and great cause. God bless your club. Very cool! That would be neat to own a Puck. Then I could join the local LEAKOIL crew (Kombis galore) on their camp outs.
empiracer1966

Post by empiracer1966 »

losthillsguy, Welcome to the forum!!

Brian D.
2 "BUG" infested garages='57 rag top, '61 recently sold, 2-'64s, 2-'66s 1 s.r. other is a standard, "66 Deluxe Bus-recently sold, '73 & a '74 bugs, 2 kids and a Beautiful, encouraging Wife with a 2 tone "Retro Look" '01 "Sport" turbo NB