my new 66

Here's the spot to show off your 1966 Beetle Restoration projects
ogpearl66

my new 66

Post by ogpearl66 »

i found this supposedly rusty bug on craigslist unknown year that has been in a garage since 1985 when the original owners son died the guy that had it for sale was the trustee to the estate and didnt know much about the car so i scored this one owner 1966 pearl white bug for 700
this is where i found it
amazingly the pans are orig and super solid but the heater channels are pretty soft after i brought the car home i gave it a good wash put a roof rack on it and got it running i used some spare parts from my other bug including a dist and coil and battery and it fired right up and ran awesome since bringing it home ive replace the entire braking system except for the drums i put a nos gas tank in it along with a new ignition and keys
SeeBlauKafer

Post by SeeBlauKafer »

I love seeing these cars rescued and cleaned up. Good job. When I found my car it was unfortunately stored outside hence my channels had gone soft also. I still remember the day I brought her home. I changed all the fuel lines and filter before driving it the 15 miles to my house. Once I got there I immediately washed and waxed it. Love those before and after shots.
'66 Type I
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

That's a great find. I love the Pearl White and red interior color combination.