Moms 66 that sat for 28 years

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
bddnv

Moms 66 that sat for 28 years

Post by bddnv »

Hello all
My better halfs mom bought this bug in 65 new she past in 1980 and the car has sat at her home until I pick it up 2 years ago on my way moving from Reno to Bandon Or, found a vw shop in Coos bay just north of Bandon and had the engine removed and rebuilt, dual port heads, mild cam,dual carbs and spent the last week or so instaling the engine redoing the brakes removing the fenders cleaning the tranaxle up and removing all of the parts to get it striped to have it repainted... my first car I bought was a 66 from my jr high teacher so this brings back great menories of cruzing in the early 70s and blasting led zep blowing down Silverado trail in the Napa Valley...Have many ?s about the resto on how to improve ride and performance on these fun rides

best
Brad & Judy
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Great story - best of luck with the restoration process - you should be able to find plenty of help in the forum should you need it!