Another '66 follows me home (thanks Jim)

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Those are 165-80R15. They're called "Classic" and are available through Tire Kingdom in Florida.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Photo found online

Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

Taken earlier today.

type11966

Re: Another '66 follows me home (thanks Jim)

Post by type11966 »

Blue Baron wrote:First of all I need to thank this site, because the previous owner of my new car, Jim, messaged me through this forum. He purchased the car from the original owner, who bought it new in Clearwater Florida. It's a model 117 sunroof sedan in Sea Sand beige with 61,000 original miles. It was repainted in '94, and then put into storage partially completed. The owner came to this site and saw that I was local and messaged me, asking if I would be interested in the car. My wife and I gathered the car the next day, along with boxes of new and used parts, and the original bumpers.

The car is mostly all original and rust-free, and my wife loves the sunroof. And it would never have found me without this forum!

I love the Beetle pulled home by a Beetle.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

The New Beetle is the mule. It's pulled many Volkswagens home over the years. (And the clutch is beginning to show signs of it.)
jayvee

66 bug

Post by jayvee »

nice bug sir! what color is it?
andychuzley

Post by andychuzley »

My father has got one but she's not as great as yours. Hope I'll restore her in the future!

Andy
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

It's Seasand.