Found this last Friday near Vienna

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Rückspiegel

Found this last Friday near Vienna

Post by Rückspiegel »

Hi there!

From last Friday on I´m the proud owner of a pearlwhite ´65 (August!) with Pigalle interior and a factory sunroof.

Found it in a big Garage of a building-demolition company.
Parked through some Caterpillars, oilbarrels and a lot of waste.
It was parked there after the mainbrakecylinder stoped working.
This was in 1992.
The Bug is nearly free of structural damages but has rust on the sills, at 2 fenders and the drivers door.
Sunroof is working.
I was putting some gas and a battery in it and the Bug starts after the 2nd try with a big cloud of smoke, ocho,ocho...
You can see i wasnt taking care about the engine.
Normally i would´nt do such silly things but in this Bug works a adapted D engine, whitch is the wrong one as we all know.

I have enough D engines, so I decided a tryout and see if it would really start after such long time.

Plans for my Bug?
Make it legal and drive it like it is.
But not without some modifications.
Standart program:
weld it
narrowed beam
5/205 Sprint Stars
1835ccm engine with 40 Dellortos
CSP frontdiscbrakes
and some more goodies.

Sorry about this bad pics and english.
Kind regards
Alex
Attachments
I-Phone Pixel 221.jpg
I-Phone Pixel 221.jpg (47.14 KiB) Viewed 4768 times
I-Phone Pixel 222.jpg
I-Phone Pixel 222.jpg (61.21 KiB) Viewed 4768 times
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Nice find!!!

Love the plans you have too, good luck!

Alex.
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Great find! We look forward to hearing stories of how you get your new baby on the road and legal. I have included a picture of me with my second VW. The first was a black 66 that I totaled. The second which I'm proudly standing next to is a 1965, 1200cc, sunroof bug. Picture is circa 1972.
Attachments
I just got done detailing my Bug and my Mom's 72 Vette. She's still got it! I wish I still had the 65.
I just got done detailing my Bug and my Mom's 72 Vette. She's still got it! I wish I still had the 65.
Mikeand65sunroof.jpg (13.9 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
Rückspiegel

Post by Rückspiegel »

Ok, today a friend of mine ( the incredible Mister Ernst B., founder of "Der kleine Torpedo" - DKT- Volkswagen Club and owner of the legendary schlepp-mich.org towing company) delivered my Bug to his huge garagecomplex and store it there for the next two month.On May i get a new garage and at the moment i have´nt enough place to store it at my place.
I cant await to start the project but for now its time to wait..

A closer look today shows me this Bug have definetly just 2 small rusty areas whitch needs attention.
My Screwdriver was not abel to make more holes on the usual suspected areas.This is really a surprise because the car looks a bit rough..

You find some Pictures here: http://www.turbo-diesel.at/Phorum/phpBB ... 671#p98671
Rückspiegel

Post by Rückspiegel »