My 1966 Kabriolett

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
rareair

Post by rareair »

Well, my wife told me she's been waiting long enough. Time to start fixing up her '66 Kabriolett or else :shock: I promised her a restored car within 3 years of purchasing it, so I have less than 5 weeks to get it done. Here's a few photos of the interior prior to complete disassembly-

rareair

Post by rareair »

Decided to first tackle the Right-side bumper mount as the previous owner welded the bumper brackets to the mounts. 1966-67 bumper mounts are specific to these years, so no repro's available. I had to source a good donor
rareair

Post by rareair »

Continued my restoration with some minor rust repair around the rear cowl panel

rareair

Post by rareair »

From this point, I'll be recording my restoration in the Restoration Forums which can be found at this link-

http://1966vwbeetle.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=9529#9529
rareair

Post by rareair »

Are our projects ever really "done?" Here's what my wife's vert looks like today. But will be adding more details in the near future