BYF Obsolete Parts WTF

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
scott66bug

BYF Obsolete Parts WTF

Post by scott66bug »

Does anyone know what happened. They took my money and never shipped my parts... seems as though they went out of business.

Does anyone live close to them... can you do a drive by and check it out

Any information would be appreciated as I am out $1700
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Scott: I tried to access thier website today but to no avail. I think you need to get a hold of the better business bureau where they are located and find out what they know and what you can do.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Scott: I just looked on line and you are not alone, there are folks that have been waiting since last October for their parts. One persons advice was to file a complaint at the USPS. Here is a link:

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/inve ... dered.aspx
branston

Post by branston »

Hi,

Ive been through all this a few months back. It's been going on all this year. After I filed a complaint with BoA i eventually got my money back. Go search on the Samba forums for BFY, you'll be appalled at the horror stories.
branston

Post by branston »

Seems like they finally folded agin search on Samba for BFy in the Forums. It's there. TBH they don't deserve to stay in business. Everyone can understand a struggling business. They just plain lied to me. RIP
branston wrote:Hi,

Ive been through all this a few months back. It's been going on all this year. After I filed a complaint with BoA i eventually got my money back. Go search on the Samba forums for BFY, you'll be appalled at the horror stories.