My 66 Java Green

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
1966java

My 66 Java Green

Post by 1966java »

HI, Guys and Gals :arrow: I just finished full body off restoration of my 1300 original 66 Java green bug, but never touched the 1300 engine because it ran so perfect.
I did not think I would enjoy it as much as I do. I have Street Rods, a older Corvette and a Jeep. I was looking at a 56 Chevy to buy when I saw this in the sellers driveway, at the time had no interest in VW bug's, but I liked what I saw. He said, want to buy it! he told me he just bought it from the original owner, and a Oct. 1965 bill of sale with it and every bit of Documented work that was ever done was saved, even a gas list of every gas fill up sense October 1965, well any way I bought it, and have had a blast ever sense restoring it and driving it. The only thing left is to paint the original wheels, which he had with the Bug.
I think the color was my first attraction. I love green. This one is a keeper!
Never did buy the 56 Chevy!
Thanks for This Great Forum, and Web site

VW Newbe :D

Dan,
Attachments
After restoration
After restoration
My 66 Bug2.JPG (41.12 KiB) Viewed 9860 times
Before restoration, the day I brought it home
Before restoration, the day I brought it home
My VW1 before.JPG (48.55 KiB) Viewed 9857 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Dan and welcome to the forum! What a beautiful 66 - must be a real head turner. Sounds like you got a great package deal when you bought her - not many folks ever walk away with as much documentation as you received. Congrats, and again welcome!
1966java

Thanks

Post by 1966java »

Thanks, John for creating such a great site for us 66 Bug lovers, I greatly appreciate it.
Dan
St.Pete Fl. :D
billy270

Post by billy270 »

Wanna cut anouther 66 owner a deal on the aftermarket wheels