RESTORING BEETLE 66

Here's the spot to show off your 1966 Beetle Restoration projects
ykkocorp

RESTORING BEETLE 66

Post by ykkocorp »

I bought my beetle after 20 years, of selling my first beetle which was a 74. I managed to get all the trimmings internal and external new. Overhauled the engine, suspension completely. Presently after finishing the body work is now at the paint booth, waiting to have it sprayed bahame blue giving its orignal look when she was born.Will post the pics in nov 09 thats after a long and hardwork of about 14 weeks. Need advice shall I put the chrome gravel guards, outer door handle plated , bonnet handle plate, white wall rings. Will my beetle be in category of stock car.Kindly advice .
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Check out www.thesamba.com for proper color combinations if you want to keep your car very stock. My 66 came with white walls as an option. VW supplied thin white walls, not the wide white walls like earlier models. All VWs look cool with the wide white walls though. It's the owner's preference. It just depends on how stock you want your Bug to be. The stock color combination for wheels was black and L285 (cool beige) trim. I'll attach stock and my repainted rims for your reference. I can't wait to see your pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.