Upholstery

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

mikey13

Upholstery

Post by mikey13 »

Looking to find a place where I can find or get mosaic amazon seat material to restore my Upholstery. I do not think TMI does it or Sewfine, can someone point me in the right direction.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Mikey13: I looked around but came up short but what I would do is contact TMI - they are held in pretty high regard, and ask them if they know where you can locate some - they have always been helpful when I have contacted them.

Maybe someone else on the forum will have a lead though.....
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

One other thought this morning ...you may want to call WolfsburgWest and talk to them about where you might be able to source this material - I think they would point you somewhere pretty quick!
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Have you checked out California Pacific [jbugs.com] I see there interior packages offer TMI door panels but they also sell material by the yard.Not sure if that comes from TMI or not. They have a color[samples] chart in the the catalog of the actual material from German Square Weave to Mohair.
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

So Mickey - How'd you make out on the upholstery? Let us know if you found a spot - that helps us out when its our turn! :)
Phil
San Antonio
mikey13

Post by mikey13 »

Have not found a site yet. I would settle for just the material, but I like the find complete seat cover sets. I might cut a piece out of seat and send it to TMI to see if they have that material(60 mosaic amazon).
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Thats a good idea - let us know what they say! Just because they haven't advertized it doesn't mean they don't have it or can't get it made up. Thanks for the update!
mikey13

Post by mikey13 »

yeah I think I have to do that and send them another sample for my 65 interior.