Aloha everyone!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
olddad808

Aloha everyone!

Post by olddad808 »

My wife and I live here on Oahu. And we just got an 1966 vw bug two months ago. The last time I owned a vw bug was over 26 years ago. I had an 71 vw bug at the time and had fallen sleep at the wheel driving home from my graveyard shift at work. Totaling the 71 bug and I said I never would own another vw bug again. But times and feeling change. Seeing so many vw bugs still on the road, made me buy this 66 vw bug (I'm so glad I did). I also found out that other vw owners are very friendly and helpful.

Born again vw fan.
Last edited by olddad808 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the Forum olddad808 - great to have you here!
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

My first bug was a black 66 which I totaled running a stop sign with my girlfriend. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt but it changed the course of my life. A few months later I had a 65 pearl white bug with a sunroof which got me all the way through college and a long road trip from Cleveland to Key West.

Now 35 some years later I have a 66 again. Every time I get in my bug it's like a time capsule. Welcome to the forum and please send pictures of your bug, especially in the winter when it gets nasty here in Cleveland and we need images of ocean blue and green plantations. The land of 'Lost'.