Just got my 1966

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
bockegg

Just got my 1966

Post by bockegg »

I never had an old beetle before. I just purchased a 1966 that has a lot of rust. It has 30,000 original miles. I got it from a friend who just wanted it out of his driveway. It needs a lot of work, but it is older than me and so do I. I hope this forum will help me a lot. It is still over in my friends driveway, but I will be "flat bedding" it to my mechanic soon.
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Congratulations on your new 66 Bug. Please include some pictures and keep us updated on your progress. If you want to try wrenching on your Beetle this forum is a great help when you get into a pinch.
bockegg

Post by bockegg »

rokemester wrote:Congratulations on your new 66 Bug. Please include some pictures and keep us updated on your progress. If you want to try wrenching on your Beetle this forum is a great help when you get into a pinch.
Thanks. I will be taking it to a mechanic this weekend. Will have pics soon.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the forum Bockegg! Looking forward to hearing more about your bug in the months to come!
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome. :)
bockegg

Post by bockegg »

Just picked up my new "Federal" brand tires today. Will be picking up my "new" 1966 next week. Pics to follow.
bockegg

Pictures of my 1966

Post by bockegg »

rokemester

Post by rokemester »

It is great to see another 1966 Beetle that is going to get some TLC and back on the road! You're new Bug reminds me of my 2nd VW, a 65 Type 1. Keep us posted.