Another New Member

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
HogChief1

Another New Member

Post by HogChief1 »

Greetings All!

I'm a retired fire chief who drives a Harley (hence "HogChief1). I bought my wife a 66 VW Type 1 as a wedding present and told her I'd have it rebuilt by our 1st anniversary. Well, we just celebrated our 8th and the chasis is still in my garage and the body at the shop being restored. BUT I'm about ready to reunite the two and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions (but not too many answers maybe)- it's been a while since I stripped it down after all! A different house, lots of remodelling projects and about or two of cancer slowed things down a bit - but no more!

Thanks much from Eau Claire, WI!
Bruce
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Can't wait to see how your car turns out. Great present for your wife!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Great choice for a present - Welcome to the forum Bruce! Nice to have another Wiscosinite here!
BUGTHUG

Post by BUGTHUG »

I hope you labeled everything in little baggies, or I hope you have a good memory. You'll be surprised what you forget in eight years.
HogChief1

Baggies

Post by HogChief1 »

You are absolutely correct! I did, in fact, put thing in baggies but some of the magic marker is wearing off! I'd like to find a giant blow-up diagram of all of the parts in a VW to use as a guide to put things back together. Thanks for the post. It'll be a winter project and my goal is to have things done before the 9th year is upon me! -Bruce
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

Time to invest in a Bentley's manual...if you already haven't. Great to have you joining this forum!