1966 Model 113 in L360

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Blue Baron

1966 Model 113 in L360

Post by Blue Baron »

I posted this in my intro, so I'll repost it in this forum where it belongs.

Here's my L360 seeblau '66 Deluxe Sedan. I purchased this nice Florida survivor 4 1/2 years ago. Except for the rear of the pans, the body was solid, but the car needed plenty of mechanical and cosmetic work. It had 64,000 original miles when I bought it, and it's now up to 87,000 miles. We didn't buy it to look at it! Out of the VWs my wife and I own, this might be our favorite cruiser...

There have been various Sea Blue Beetles I've known throughout my life, so the color holds a nostalgia factor for me. My gym teacher drove one when I was in elementary school and I never forgot it.
winnabow66

Post by winnabow66 »

Very nice!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Very, Very nice - beautiful!
volksbugusa

Post by volksbugusa »

very nice looking bug.......i can see the love...
matt
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

By the way, that's my mom in the picture.

This car has earned the name "Trusty" from my wife, because it never lets her down.
rokemester

Post by rokemester »

What a great looking car!

Have you noticed that the attenae location and mirror shape (round vs. squarish) vary from 66 to 66. My bug is configured the same as yours. But I've seen different variations.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

The antenna location on many of these cars was at the discretion of the mechanic, because radios and mirrors were dealer installed. The outside mirror on my car is called the Rosco style.

The biggest mid-year change on the '66 model was the outside door handles.
jovyarcher

Post by jovyarcher »

definitely shines like new! but one thing I noticed is the wheels, are they modded? or did you bought it??

Post by Blue Baron »

The wheels are dead stock.
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Lovely!

Sea Blue is my favourite VW bug colour, looks spot on on a '66 too.

Alex.
Rudolph65

Re: 1966 Model 113 in L360

Post by Rudolph65 »

Blue Baron wrote:I posted this in my intro, so I'll repost it in this forum where it belongs.

Here's my L360 seeblau '66 Deluxe Sedan. I purchased this nice Florida survivor 4 1/2 years ago. Except for the rear of the pans, the body was solid, but the car needed plenty of mechanical and cosmetic work. It had 64,000 original miles when I bought it, and it's now up to 87,000 miles. We didn't buy it to look at it! Out of the VWs my wife and I own, this might be our favorite cruiser...

There have been various Sea Blue Beetles I've known throughout my life, so the color holds a nostalgia factor for me. My gym teacher drove one when I was in elementary school and I never forgot it.
Very nice BB! Your L360 '66 is the exact template of what I want mine to look like! Love those two tone steel wheels and hubcaps with skinny white walls! Spot on factory look! Very nice.

I know what you mean about the nostalgic color. Just after I was born, my father purchased a brand new '65 bus that was Sea Blue and Glacier White. Many fond memories. Boy, I remember I cried so hard when he sold it in '73. :cry:

God Bless,
Stu

'66 Sea Blue Type 1
Daily Driver While Restoring

http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp22 ... G_5013.jpg
rcs_80

Post by rcs_80 »

What a clean looking 66. I love the stock look. Can you post some pics of the interior ?
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

The Sea Blue '66 has over-the-counter carpets, door panels and seat covers. Our '66 sunroof has a much nicer stock interior.

http://www.1966vwbeetle.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=860

The cars are both nice, but the blue one is more of a grocery getter and the tan one, which is still 6-volt and more original, gets to go to more car shows.