Yuzee's 1966 Bug

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Yuzee

Yuzee's 1966 Bug

Post by Yuzee »

This is my 66 when I purchased it in 2008 I really did'nt like the low ride and Cal look the previous owner prefrerred

Then the stripdown started after the initial assessment showed that a full resto was required.

Right the way down to this.

And This.

Then the chassis rebuild began

Theres a lot more work gone on since these pics were taken and I'll post a link to my resto thread in Vzi if anyone is interested in seeing further pics.
tofufi

Post by tofufi »

8) I was only speaking with Reno (the previous owner) the other week about this!

How is it going? :D
Ferdykid

Post by Ferdykid »

Let me guess.... Pearl White with grey detailing?? Welcome aboard! :lol:
pachizeron

Thats great!

Post by pachizeron »

How's it going with the bug? Where do you get the volkswagen parts? Is everything going well?
Yuzee

Re: Thats great!

Post by Yuzee »

pachizeron wrote:How's it going with the bug? Where do you get the volkswagen parts ? Is everything going well?
Hi there,
I've Just finished the engine rebuild whilst I sourced a new welder. I bought a new welding set yesterday so will be carrying out repairs to the body soon.

I get my parts from several UK parts dealers but mainly from VW heritage as they seem to have a good supply chain. I also try to make my own panels whenever I can.

Heres a picture of my engine half way through assembly.

Dave H