About to start restoring my 1966 beetle for senior project.

Here's the spot to show off your 1966 Beetle Restoration projects
Clint.Gorbett

About to start restoring my 1966 beetle for senior project.

Post by Clint.Gorbett »

Hey all, Im a 17 year old student in southern Oregon and in 2 weeks am going to start restoring my 66' beetle as my senior project.It is currently in decent condition, I have to first drop the engine and replace the manifold (its rusted out) so no air is coming from my tailpipes, it just congregates where it wants :(. It has some large deep rust on the front/bottom corner of each door, besides that its pretty good. I have to really learn to work with Bondo to ge that done right away. My expertise is woodworking and woodturning but I love to work with my hands so I am taking on metal for the first time. Im quite at home with the orbital sander so taking all the metal down for painting will be easy for me. Engine run great, electrical is great, I just have to do inner and outer cosmetic work. If you have read this far Thank you! Last thing. If you have any words of wisdom, or ideas you would like to see someone try (design,cosmetic wise such as colors,fabrics,stereo setups) will be greatly appreciated and I will try to make them happen. Also anything that has to do with wood is especially fun for me. I will post all of my extensive before pictures in approximately 2 weeks and will be updating it daily as to what I have done. Thanks everybody. My email Clint.gorbett@gmail.com
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey Clint - Looking forward to the restoration pictures. If you want to see what the interiror color schemes were for your bug when it was produced go to the main site and look under the "color charts" tab. Good luck with the restoration!
Aynthm

Post by Aynthm »

Roadbug

Post by Roadbug »

What about an update in these projects?
A couple years have passed and we're waiting to hear how you made out.
By now you probably are doing you 2nd or 3rd VW restoration.
Pictures please!