Hello fellow bugoholics

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
motorheadkev

Hello fellow bugoholics

Post by motorheadkev »

Hello just a former bug owner searching for another bug and envious of all you present owners.
I have owned three all over 10 years old when I got them.
The first a 66 in White
Second 68 black
Third 70 baby blue

I will be looking this summer since I will have the present project car completed (a 21 year old Audi 4000s) I will be looking for another vehicle to keep my wrenches warm.
May have to look in California since most of the bugs on the east coast have turned back to dust. So sad, there were so many at one time.
My wife thinks I crazy?
She has never driven a bug so she is unaware of the nirvana associated with bug worship.
Be talking
Kevin G
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Thanks for joining and Welcome Kevin! Looking forward to having you as a member and hearing past stories and being updated on your project in the future when you lock in on your next bug.
fourcylinder

Post by fourcylinder »

Welcome Kevin!!! Glad to know a three time owner going on four time! Hope you get the wife past the issue where she thinks you're crazy! My wife has been pretty good about the whole thing but her family had a bug when she was a kid so the nostalgia is strong with her too! Once again Welcome to the forum!
Phil
San Antonio
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

:lol: Welcome Kev, When you get your next bug you'll be tied with me. I'm on my fourth WIFE. But this one likes bugs but she won't ride in it cuz she hasn't quite got the smell of vintage down yet.
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
chris

Post by chris »

i like that smell :)
chris
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

That's a smell that you never forget - I like it too! Someone once told me that it has something to do with the aging of the horse hair seat pads.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

:) Ah yes Horse hair and whatever came with it, A little oil add in some leaky exhaust. Priceless
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife