My 66

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Bugginbabs66

My 66

Post by Bugginbabs66 »

Hi all. I first met my bug in Feb of this year. i went to look at her, just because. well it was love! Even though she is a Baja, i wanted her anyway, i have a secret love for baja. lol. It took me all of 9 weeks to save up the money, $1400! But my hubby made it happen for me on my Birthday! I am in the process of rewiring her and cleaning up rust on the floor pans. I will post pics when i can. But a short description is she is black with lt tires on her, has no interior to speak of, i tore out her seats and all the old nasty carpet, gonna get the seats redone and waiting on a back seat from Idaho. i am so very excited about my first car, i have been waiting 20 years! :lol: :shock:
here is a short vid a week after i got her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mJTdA3Gqzo
Babs
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

She looks to be in really solid shape! Sounds like you have a lot of work invested in her already - I bet she will look fantastic when you are done!