My little CUCARACHA

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
lugalea

My little CUCARACHA

Post by lugalea »

I recently purchased my little 1966 CUCARACHA, (cockroach). She has an 1835cc with dual 40IDF Italian Weber Carbs, not sure what the exhaust system is but, I do know that she has headers with dual exhaust. I will return her appearance to STOCK but keep her STRONG under the DECKLID. Can anyone guide me to a reference book to restoring VW to OG status? I am looking for original 1966 lowback front seats.
Thank you for having me!
Luigi
Attachments
My little "CUCARACHA"
My little "CUCARACHA"
1966 Cucaracha.jpg (29.85 KiB) Viewed 2983 times
Kiwi66

Post by Kiwi66 »

Hi Luigi. Great looking car. I have seen restoration books advertised in NZ. Didnt take much notice at the time, but will keep a watch out for you and pass on details to you through this column . I have original low back seats in my car - but will be keeping them :) . All the best, Richard
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Luigi and Welcome to the forum - great to have you as a member. You have a sweet looking ride!
Kiwi66

Post by Kiwi66 »

Hi Luigi. You can buy a book from Technical Books www.technicalbooks.co.nz in NZ for around $NZ 100. Author Jim TYLER published in December 2006. ISBN1903706904. Hope this is of assistance. Cheers. Richard