First time VW owner

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Kiwi66

First time VW owner

Post by Kiwi66 »

G'day from New Zealand. At 59yrs I finally purchased a 66 VW Beetle. Aussie built. Thought it was a 1300, but after I cleaned up the engine I discovered horror of horrors it had a replacement 1500 engine. Once I had got over that shock I came to the conclusion that perhaps it wasnt such a bad thing as I now had more horsepower. Anyway, my car will be a work in progress for some time yet. Dont really know anything about Beetles, but are reading up the manuals and learning fast. Really do appreciate the help and support you guys give. Thanks. I will have lots of questions. Love being able to get heaps of spares:) Will post a photo of my car once I learn how to place it into my profile.
Cherokee

Post by Cherokee »

Hi Kiwi66 and welcome, i've not been a member too long btu have found the site really useful.
Look forward to your pics of your car. You're right about the spares availability its amazing whats still available isn't it!
Regards
Cherokee
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hello Kiwi66 and welcome to the forum - great to have you as a member! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your 66!
Kiwi66

Post by Kiwi66 »

Thanks guys. I am looking forward to chatting with you both along with other members. Cheers. Richard