Hello from me! Now with a pic!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Cherokee

Hello from me! Now with a pic!

Post by Cherokee »

Hi Everybody i'm Warren from Shropshire England.

Just a quick post to introduce myself and my car, a 1966 model 1300cc Beetle, in SeaSand Beige (Possibly), registered in the UK in December 1965.

I found the car on ebay it was in Devon at the time and had been used for some time by a surf shop, its had 11 owners altogether and spent most of its life in Devon and Cornwall. I have the details of all the previous keepers which is nice. I had it trailered up to my house in Shropshire where it now lives in my garage.

I use the car most days, its in good overall condition, and drives like new.
Yet its got that old car smell, a lovely off white steering wheel etc and charm that only Beetles have. :D

I owned my first Bug back in 1985, a Burgundy 1963 1200 with White interior i bought for £200 from an ad in Street Machine Magazine! I loved that car and when i sold it three years later regretted it and tried to buy it back but no luck.

Owned a few more bugs in the 90's a Jeans, 1303, a convertible but never liked the 70's bugs as much as my first, not as much character.

Then our 3 kids came along (they all want bugs as their first car), we renovated an old house which took years and work got more pressured i didn't have much time for cars.

Now I'll health has forced me into taking time off work and i've really bought the bug as a treat to myself and a hobby.

I found this site when searching for info on oil bath filters (the car came with a cone type filter have now bought a used oil bath type) and was surprised to find a site dedicated to 66 bugs. Had a look through the forum and there seems some good guys and girls on here..

I am looking forward to using the bug this summer, hopefully we'll get one this year :!: As you can see on the pic it also has a towbar.

Thanks for reading, i look forward using the forum...
Kind regards
Warren :)

Can you guess the cars new name?
Attachments
BugpicsJan09002-1.jpg
BugpicsJan09002-1.jpg (112.12 KiB) Viewed 1981 times
BugpicsJan09006-1-1.jpg
BugpicsJan09006-1-1.jpg (70.49 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
Last edited by Cherokee on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:45 am, edited 6 times in total.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome Warren! Great to have you as a member! I love that old car smell too - and there was something very particular about the beetle smell, you could pick it out blindfolded. I have heard other people say it had to do with the horsehair pads for the seats, but I always loved that smell! Your in good company here with the other 66 owners - Welcome!