L360 rules!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Blue Baron

L360 rules!

Post by Blue Baron »

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Greg in Florida and I own a L360 seeblau '66 Deluxe Seadan. I've been a VW enthusiast my whole life, and my first Beetle was a customized '66 that I kept for about a month in 1978 before selling it to buy a much nicer '65. I didn't own a '66 again until four years ago, when I purchased this nice Florida survivor. Except for the pans, the body was solid, but the car needed plenty of mechanical and cosmetic work. It had 64,000 original miles when I bought it, and it's now up to 84,000 miles. We didn't buy it to look at it! Out of the VWs my wife and I own, this may be our favorite cruiser...

In addition to the '66, we also own a '52 standard, a '56 oval, a '61 Cal Looker, a '63 Disney Herbie and a Mexican Beetle. But I've always wanted a '66, and there have been various Sea Blue Beetles I've known throughout my life, so the color holds a nostalgia factor for me.

Oh yes, I also have the sunbaked hulk of a black '66 (complete original Florida car) that I saved from the clutches of the crusher. I still haven't determined its fate, but I would like to see it live again one day.

When I found this site I laughed at first, because for one thing, that's our car! And for another, I was amused that there would be a forum for something as specialized as '66 Beetles. But I take VWs seriously, and I know more than a few facts about the '66 model year I'll be tossing out from time to time.

I'm also a message board veteran, being a moderator at www.LoveBugFans.com
Looking forward to chatting '66s and only '66s. :D
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

... and a quick explanation of my screen name, Blue Baron. it doesn't apply to my current '66 per se. It originated during the CB radio craze back in the '70s, when I owned a blue '66 bus, it was my "handle." I reactivated it again last year for my screen name at The Samba.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

nice looking 66, damn now i don't feel so old cool! :D welcome
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Very nice! Welcome to the forum!
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

scruffy wrote:nice looking 66, damn now i don't feel so old cool! :D welcome
The elderly woman in the first photo is my mom. I ain't that old yet!
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Very nice car Congrats! 8)

Alex.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

damn I should change my avatar :lol:
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife