Windshield washer Valve

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

larryho

Windshield washer Valve

Post by larryho »

I am looking for a windshield washer valve that connects to the spare tire to pump water that cleans the windshield glass. Saw a car having one label as Helphos Washer. Certainly our 1966 should have one but mine do not have this when I bought it.
Any help from you buddies out there will be most appreciated.
Thanks and wish you all HAPPY HOLIDAYS & GOD BLESS
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Larry: I think Wolfsburgwest.com has many of the parts for the old winshield washer system. I'd try there first. If all else fails thesamba.com has a huge classified section.
larryho

Post by larryho »

Thanks John. I have been trying to get an original used parts if I can. Been watching Samba but have not seen any of this being advertised.
Maybe most of them have been discarded and owners now prefer better and more convenient system.
I prefer the original style and if one workable comes along for a resonable price I will be interested.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

I noticed that Wolfsburg was actually selling the original washer bottles (New-Old Stock) for the 66's - not sure if anything else is NOS or not. I know a lot of people got away from using the washers because when they became worn out they would leak down onto the radio. Would be a pretty cool orignal working piece to have though!
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

Hey, I hate to burst your bubble, but the 66 never came with a spare tire pressurizer for the wiper fluid, the 66 is one that you have to fill up with a tire pump and hope the container doesn't run out of pressure, another option is to make your own by creating a double female tire valve hose and running it to the washer tank
A volksie thanks,
Max
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hmmmm ......All three of my 66's came with a line to the spare tire for pressure.