Hey! Got my first bug last week - '66 vert!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
VeeDubCoyote

Hey! Got my first bug last week - '66 vert!

Post by VeeDubCoyote »

Hey guys! Glad to find a forum created for '66 bugs! I guess you could consider me an intermediate gearhead, but there's still a lot of stuff I don't know! My boyfriend's got a 62 hardtop, so he's taught me a lot about old bugs.
BTW, anyone located in or around the Miami area??

Here are a few pics!
Attachments
bug2.jpg
bug2.jpg (58.45 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
bug3.jpg
bug3.jpg (51.76 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
bug4.jpg
bug4.jpg (38.54 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
bug1.jpg
bug1.jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 3834 times
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hello VeeDubCoyote and Welcome to the Forum! Great to have you as a member. You will notice that I resized your photos so that everyone can read you message without a scroll bar! It's best to use the attachment feature at the bottom of the post screen to make sure that doesn't happen.

Your 66 looks beautiful!!! With a '62 and a '66 you must get a lot of head turning when you go for a drive - congrats!
VeeDubCoyote

Post by VeeDubCoyote »

LOL yea, thanks for resizing them! :oops: :)

and yeah, my boyfriend's '62 is out fo commission right now,he pulled the motor to exchange the generator and an alternator, and he's cleaning it up a bit too and replacing a few old parts (long overdue!)

tonight we're hitting up an old car meet, and the vw group has the biggest group every time :P it's every first saturday of the month, so this is the first time i'll get to show my baby off! well, my "other" baby :) just tightened the belt and gave her a nice wash :)

thanks for the warm welcome!
bajaaaron66

Post by bajaaaron66 »

Welcome and what a beautifull vert! 8)