Bolt Thread Count?!?!???

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

thatguy

Bolt Thread Count?!?!???

Post by thatguy »

Good morning!

I had my 1600dp motor worked on by a friend of mine last week and have it back now :lol: I am trying to stab it back in place on my '66 but seem he seems to have "lost" the nuts for the lower mounting bolts!!

I have tried every spare nut in my possession but can't find one that fits! I have been through the 3 repair manuals that I own but cannot seem to find a thread count for the bolts. I really do not want to have to pull it back out to find bolts that fit the threads, does anyone just happen to know the proper nut size?

I have tried fine(which makes sense right?) and coarse...don't see anything wrong with the thread pattern on the studs themselves so I don't think that's the issue.

Any help would be appreciated greatly and might earn you a big gold star!

Thanks!

David Parish :D
you know...what's his name....he's...thatguy

WIP: 1966 Restore
couion

Post by couion »

It's a 10mm x 1.5 thread.
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Huzzah! Many and varied thanks to you!

Your star as promised:

you know...what's his name....he's...thatguy

WIP: 1966 Restore
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Congrats Couion - that's a pretty sweet looking star and well deserved!!! :salut:
couion

Post by couion »

AWWW Shucks it was nuthin. I just happened to have a case on the floor of my garage and sized it with my handy tap and die set.