How to keep your Volkswagen Alive - Compleat Idiot Book

Post your beetle book recommendations or reviews here. Please make sure if you are posting pictures that they are sized correctly so that a scroll bar does not appear at the bottom of the screen. If you need help re-sizing photos, please let me know.
SeeBlauKafer

Post by SeeBlauKafer »

John (admin), I know your post is from Feb 2009 but I recently found a decent copy from the 1970's if you want it (white cover). Happy to mail it to you. Least I can do for providing this excellent site for '66 enthusiasts.
'66 Type I
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Thanks SeeBlauKafer: I'd love to have it - I'll PM you with my address.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Thanks for the Book(s) SeaBlueKafer - I love it! So nice to have a piece of nostalgia and it takes me back to the first copy I ever had! A real gem! Thanks Again!
rokemester

A little homage

Post by rokemester »

I thought it was appropriate to use John Muir's book to describe a stupid thing I did when I first was trying to get my car started. I used a pencil to try and find top dead center...and Murray bit it right off! DUUUH!!!

http://www.1966vwbeetle.com/Forum/viewt ... 94c101187e
maxio

Post by maxio »

hi,.i'm rio from jakarta,. indonesia. Do everyone know where i can find this book in jakarta. I've already search in every book store i see in Jakarta but still not find it. Or may be can i get that e book link? thank you very much :)
SeeBlauKafer

Post by SeeBlauKafer »

Sorry I gave my only spare copy to the site administrator. Try Amazon.com or ebay.
'66 Type I
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

I'd like to add that my wonderful wife (also a VW nut) found me a first edition from 1969 -- one of just 2,500 copies printed. Did my jaw drop -- I searched for one for years.