Hello from New Member

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
bluevdub66

Hello from New Member

Post by bluevdub66 »

Hello everyone. I came upon this site over the weekend and I am just now getting the time to introduce myself. I am in the process of working on our 1966 Beetle. A little history on our ownership of the car. My wife first bought it in 1974 and drove it as her daily driver until 1979 when she decided she needed something newer to drive so her father decided to buy it from her to drive to the farm daily. When my wife and I got married in 1986 her father gave the Beetle back to us as a wedding gift since he knew she loved the car so much. Well being newly married and wanting to have a child the Beetle was put in the barn until the summer of 2006 when I brouht it into town to start to work on it. Needless to say, the interior was mouse-ridden and it had not run in 22 years. Now to my first problem which will most likey be one of many. My father-in-law caulked shut the metal sunroof and had it painted over. It needs a new headliner installed so I have gotten the sunroof loose but I need to remove the sunroof to check the mechanicals and the seal since it was said to be leaking. I also need to install the headliner piece but none of my books tell me how to remove it from the car properly. I am looking for expert help on this matter. I'm located in central Illinois. Our bug looks just like the Beetle site car, color and all.
empiracer1966

Post by empiracer1966 »

Welcome, bluevdub66 to the forum!!

Brien
2 "BUG" infested garages='57 rag top, '61 recently sold, 2-'64s, 2-'66s 1 s.r. other is a standard, "66 Deluxe Bus-recently sold, '73 & a '74 bugs, 2 kids and a Beautiful, encouraging Wife with a 2 tone "Retro Look" '01 "Sport" turbo NB
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Welcome! 8)

Alex.
B.Rich

Post by B.Rich »

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you! Welcome to the site, and post some pics when you get the chance. They will be a good way to mark your progress.
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome :)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the forum Bluevdub66! Great to have you as a member!