New member intro

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
B.Rich

New member intro

Post by B.Rich »

Hi, everyone,

I've owned vws since the '70's, but I just acquired my first '66. In fact, I am having it shipped from out West and haven't even driven it yet! I know there are lots of folks who like the lowered look, and to each his or her own, as long as we keep these great cars on the road, but I went the opposite way. I live in the rural Northeast, and the extra ground clearance is much more practical. I will attempt to post a couple pics. I also currently drive a '68 vert on nice days. In case I don't get a photo up, my '66 is Java green with a sunroof, beige interior and roof rack. it has 12" of ground clearance, a limited slip differential and a trailer hitch. The motor is a sp 1600. Although it has been converted to 12v, the previous owner was kind enough to box up all the 6v parts for me, just in case...The 6v radio is still in the car, and the dash is uncut. I look forward to learning all about what makes the '66 so special.
Attachments
small pic.JPG
small pic.JPG (24.42 KiB) Viewed 4059 times
couion

Post by couion »

I like it. Welcome to the forum!
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Welcome B.nice bug :)
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome, quite a bit of altitude there, but it's all good :)
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the forum B. Great to have you as a member!