evening all

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
speedo

evening all

Post by speedo »

hi im phil from england. iv bin into vws since the late 80s but this is my first 66. i have bin slowly working on it for too many years now. i need more time in the day. i like the ratty n low look. the car is rock solid but where i have done body repares i have just rattle canned it instead of a full respary. i have a 1776 engine to go into it, but at the moment im thinking about changing the gearbox to a 70s one rather than start grinding out the 6volt bellhousing for the larger flywheel, thats my next job. i have just built a 3 1/2" narrowed beam that im very happy with. its good finding a site dedicated to my year beetle. hopfully i will be spending some time here. anyway enough of the chatter and some photos of my ride. Image Image Image
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Welcome mate! 8)

Alex.
speedo

Post by speedo »

hi Alex. ive seen you somewhere before :wink: :lol: good to see you mate.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Phil! Welcome to the forum - beautiful beetle!
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Sweet! Welcome :)
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
empiracer1966

Post by empiracer1966 »

speedo

kewl ride...welcome to the forum

Brian
2 "BUG" infested garages='57 rag top, '61 recently sold, 2-'64s, 2-'66s 1 s.r. other is a standard, "66 Deluxe Bus-recently sold, '73 & a '74 bugs, 2 kids and a Beautiful, encouraging Wife with a 2 tone "Retro Look" '01 "Sport" turbo NB
speedo

Post by speedo »

thanks for the welcome. i will be glad when its finnished and i can drive it. its alot rougher in real life. the photos dont real show it. but thats what i like. glad to be here and getting to know everyone.
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Looks awesome man, welcome :)