Hi everyone!!!!

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
bajadave66

Hi everyone!!!!

Post by bajadave66 »

My name is David and my 66 vw is called Sammy. I just got him yesterday and been enjoying the ride all day today here in sunny California. Sammy is Mostly original but some after market parts when they restored him. He's pearl white with burgandy interior. Classic dash board uncut with sunroof. He still has the stock rebuilt 1300 engine with his badge on the engine lid. Sammy still has the original sapphire III radoi that still works. Everything electrically is sound even the wipers and dome light. Okay, that's the nice stuff about Sammy. After driving him all day, he has a slight attitude that I need to figure out. I've always been looking for a 66 and finally got one. I had a later modle VW but sold it several years back and missed the enjoyment it brought me. As we all know, with gas prices going through the roof, this makes a great investment for the future. Here in California, we had a population expolsion in the late 70s and 80s with VWs. You would see them everywhere. It was like every family had one in the garage. Then in the 90s, fewer bugs were around and by the late 90s the classic was gone from the highways of California. Believe it or not, I'm slowly seeing a come back of the classic VW arouind here. Just this morning, I passed a caravan of classic bugs and we gave the solute when we passed. Sorry for the rambling.........................I'm glad to be a member, Thanks.
empiracer1966

Post by empiracer1966 »

bajadave66

Welcome to the forum!!

Brian
2 "BUG" infested garages='57 rag top, '61 recently sold, 2-'64s, 2-'66s 1 s.r. other is a standard, "66 Deluxe Bus-recently sold, '73 & a '74 bugs, 2 kids and a Beautiful, encouraging Wife with a 2 tone "Retro Look" '01 "Sport" turbo NB
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the Forum David - Great to have you as a member - sounds like you found a very sweet 66 in Sammy!
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Welcome David!

Alex.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Welcome, Do they still do the split finger thing which showed a vee indicating the PEACE SIGN or VOLKS SIGN when you meet em? :)
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome!

Scruff: We still throw the Vee in Az land, drives me batty when people think it's a peace sign :)
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

Peace! As rough as the sixties were supose to be,I wish we had em back.I'd have taken better care of my bugs and other cars :lol:
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife