New VW 1300 Owner

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
jack01

New VW 1300 Owner

Post by jack01 »

HI: I'm a new owner from Massachusetts. Just got my 1300 a few weeks ago, and have been busy tracing down a few electrical problems, and finally put it into a garage to get the oil changed and valves adjusted (too cold around here to lay on the ground and do it myself). This is my 4th VW (after a period of about 30 years not owning one) and I am psyched to once again be an owner. It was originally a California Car. I think I'm probably the 3rd or 4th owner...somewhere along the line it was upgraded to 12 volt, and the previous owner had the engine rebuilt...I believe it actually has 1500 cylinder heads and ports, because they couldn't locate 1300s. All in all, it's in good shape and will be a great project car as well as a daily driver for me (except when it's raining or snowing). I'm glad I found this site....geez, there's something for everyone on the internet!!
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Jack and Welcome to the Forum - great to have you as a member and congrats on your 66 Beetle. I developed this site for owners of this model year (yep - you can find almost anything on the web) hoping, at some point, I would get 40 people interested in talking about their 66 model - and look - new we have almost 200 folks from all over the world sharing stories about their 66 beetle. :D

I went for about 27 years without a 66 beetle and I couldn't be happier that I found my first love again. Sounds like you are as excited as I was when it came together for me!

You have afound a lot of friends here on the site and you can leverage their knowledge anytime you need it - we have some talented individuals that are always willing to share! It's great to have you as one of them!
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Welcome!

Sounds a real nice car 8)

Alex.
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Welcome :)