interior padding/sound deadener

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

bill hauck

interior padding/sound deadener

Post by bill hauck »

My 66 will need a new headliner, etc. is there some sort of template available that would allow me to make my own padding/deadener for the rear cargo area, etc?? interior was gutted when I got the car and I don't have the old ones to use as a pattern.
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

the closest thing you can get to that would be to just take some cardboard and lay it up along the walls, cut it so it fits(dont go onto the back of the seat) and once its a perfect fit you trace that onto your sound proofing
A volksie thanks,
Max
bill hauck

sound deadening

Post by bill hauck »

will give it a try. just as cheap to buy the pre cut stuff??
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

If you want the truth its about even, if you do it yourself, you have a choice of material, and if you can get it discounted and you dont count your labor, it will be cheaper, but if your not handy and dont have discounts it will be about the same as if you just go through Midamericamotorworks, its truthfully what ever you think
A volksie thanks,
Max
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

If you have awarm place to tinker do it yourself,it's all about the satifaction only you will get out of it!just my thoughts!
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

If your the tinkering sort yeah, the warm garage yeah, but its really a toss up, do it yourself-tails, buy one-heads
A volksie thanks,
Max