66' Brake Bleeding

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

VWPOMO1

66' Brake Bleeding

Post by VWPOMO1 »

Hello,

Ran into an issue trying to pick up my bug yesterday ... hose came off and fluild ran out. Try to bleed them on the spot but, I coudn't seem to get it to work ? Heard that you must start from the back, then the front ? Not sure, any help ?

Thanks a lot !!!

B.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

You are correct! Start with the wheel that is furthest away from the mastercylinder.Right rear,left rear,right front then left. I use a mityvac bleeder,which allows me to do it myself
then I know I might get some supper.
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
VWPOMO1

Post by VWPOMO1 »

Whats the cost of something like that bleeder tool ? And can it be found easily ?

Thanks !!

B.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

VWPOMO1 wrote:Whats the cost of something like that bleeder tool ? And can it be found easily ?

Thanks !!

B.
I think Scruffy knows more about this than I do, but I was able to find this link, so maybe Scruffy can tell us if this is the right tool for the job.

http://store.yahoo.com/brandsplace/0246-mitmv6815.html
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

:D Yep that's the one I got.I bought mine through Victoria British to bleed the clutch and brakes on my MG But it works on them all you can also check engine vacumn and all other good stuff plus getting the rest of the beer out of your last bottle.Price seems about right! I type with one finger so this takes me awhile I don't Know how to pst them url thingggys. :D
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
VWPOMO1

Post by VWPOMO1 »

Got it, thanks for the help !!!
buggie

Post by buggie »

Hey, Buggie here, welcome! If you are new or just starting to work on vws' you got to check out these videos offered at bug me videos.
( www.bugmevideo.com). I have the whole set and let me tell you they don't leave anything out. They start with a simple oil change to a complete engine overhaul. They even do body off demos and other neat autobody stuff. You can email the owner Rick Higgins just about anything concerning vw or call him. I've done so and got the right answer, and on the same day! These videos are a good tool to have in your tool box.

Danny :D