intake manifold ?

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

bajaaaron66

intake manifold ?

Post by bajaaaron66 »

how do i find out what the proper intake manifold to use on a 1300 engine, i bought an intake manifold with the numbers 113129701 m 19 on it and it doesnt fit, the manifold ends are at an angle and on the motr end their straight up, so no room for error, any help would be great, this is my last hurdle before car is on the road, thanks Aaron :(
bajaaaron66

intake manifold

Post by bajaaaron66 »

Morning everyone, i found my answer onvwhelp.com, i actually have a 1200 cc engine, and in 1966 when engine size was increased to 1300cc the singleport heads bolt to the intake manifold at a slight inward angle[towards the center of the motor] so beware of the intake manifold bolts and what year you have so you dont order the wrong intake like i did. Aaron :D
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

on the 1300, you cant use a pre 1966 manifold, i dont believe you can use a 1500 either, "intake manifold joins head at angle" a quote comparing engine changes through the years
A volksie thanks,
Max