How did you determine the "value" of your '66 Beet

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Hawkeye Chad

How did you determine the "value" of your '66 Beet

Post by Hawkeye Chad »

Thinking about because an owner of a '66 soon. What amount should you insure a good running, above avg exterior and avg interior bug for. This guy would pass any state inspection with flying colors also.

My insurance man wants me to pay $300-$400 for an "appraiser" to tell me what coverage amount I should have on it and thus I can find out the cost for me to keep it insured in case the unmentionedable would happen to it!

Any ideas or suggestions!
volksbugusa

Post by volksbugusa »

hawkeye
go with $10,000.00 that would be fine..
matt
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

If you want to see what beetles like yours are going for, I always suggest going to www.thesamba.com and looking in their classified section for a similar vehicle. This gives you a pretty good idea of the market value of your bug.
scruffy

Post by scruffy »

classic car insurance is reasonable. I have my bus and mg plus my 66 insured for around 300 a year and i put 15000 on my 66. It's what she's worth to you.It's like a good woman,she's a little high priced when she's around,but wait til she's gone :lol:
66vw,62vwtrike,71vw super project car and 73vw bus,and one sometimes understanding wife
elkluvadore

Post by elkluvadore »

The problem with insurance companies, they dont care how much you isure your car for, they will only pay what their apprasier says it was worth before the crash, so if you get a good appraiser you will get a good deal if the unspeakable :cry: were to hapen
A volksie thanks,
Max