MybDesert Sand 1966

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Joe Willy

MybDesert Sand 1966

Post by Joe Willy »

Checking in as I am working on the little bug. Bought this car in St. Louis in 1966 new and trade in was 1960 Chevrolet black convertible.
Never understood this as I always had a fashionable ride ie: 1955 Bel Aire Chevy, 1957 buick special two door white hardtop.
Think it relate to getting married, having a first child or something like that.
Took to Chicago and blew the engine at 75 k. Garaged and then moved to Floridq and moving vanned the little thing
Garaged until the little girl was 16 rebuilt engine, added tinted windows, sterio and full size chrome wheels. She went to
college and then son drove and he drove it to hight school.
Garage for several years and I had an illiness nad used bringing it up to date as therapy.
Painted and started showing and placed high in most shows. Got a little tired of shows but still maintain
and always draws attention when I drive.Right now am having some problems with brake lights but will solve
that, I hope.
Seibert66

Re: MybDesert Sand 1966

Post by Seibert66 »

Great story! Thanks for sharing it to the group...would you be able to post any pictures?
jmartini
Administrator

Re: MybDesert Sand 1966

Post by jmartini »

Would love to see it! What a great history!