Non VW Owner

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Jan

Non VW Owner

Post by Jan »

Hi - My name is Jan and I can see how this site is going to be rocking as it grows! You've out done yourself there John on the Website and the Forum.

I do not have a VW at all but I grew up around them... well mainly the other VW's but not the beetles. I'd like to post something on it later with photos if that is welcomes here at all even tho it does not pretain the the beetle.

I've got some interest in this place and I think it is fantastic on what John has done so far, I have been watching the site as John has been adding stuff to it!

Thanks Guys!
Jan
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey Jan! Thanks for posting - I'd love to hear the stories and see the pictures.

I had a major issue with FP2003 again today. As you can see the 1966 and the Banner are gone. This is really beginning to frustrate me. I think I may have been better off in 2000 as I never had these issues. I may need to reconstruct the site again over the weekend. The good news is that the site is still whole regardless of the banner issues.

Thanks again for joining!
Jan

Post by Jan »

Ah yes, In good time I may have a story and some pics for you here! Oh now look John, you gave it away that I know you!! haha - ok guys... I will spill the beans, John is a great guy who is so into his VW stuff, um... I mean in love with his vw stuff! He is a true vw buff and is really into it, you will enjoy John's site here and he is working hard on getting it all pulled together!!

No, you would not be better off with FP2000 - the 2003 version is far better, you know that! Hey, is this the technical issues forum... hehehe - I will take a look and see what I see with it. Get rid of the shared borders first thing, dump it entirely.

Ok, I did take a look and yah, it is messed up... did you take the top stuff out? Well, You will get it all the way you want it, I know you will as I have faith in your determination! Its just time consuming. Seeing that I know all too well on how building and maintaining a site is. I'll help you if needed.
Jan
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Thanks Jan - you have been a great help already - couldn't have doe it without you! Fixing the site is what weekends were made for right? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway - still looking forward to hearing your VW stories!
Jan

Post by Jan »

Oh why certainly they are, once you do a website - they can rule your life, this I know so if thats not what you want... get out now - Fast!!! You know you made the right step in the right direction in doing your site this way... you may cuss me out while you have comlications... saying why did I let that Jan talk me into such a thing!! In the long run tho its worth it! You will see! You are probably over looking some things that can be done easier... but you will get there! You're doing great! Keep up the good work on the site.

AND...... It would be nice if you would use that HTML Code that I gave to you to copy and paste into your "discription text box" for the top of the Board which is below the Title... there is no direct way back to the main part of your website from here on the Board except for up in the browser's URL bar if you delete the /Forum from it.

Thanks to you too!
Jan
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Jan! As soon as I get the site looking right again I will use the code. Me curse you out? Never!!! Hey - Happy Friday!
Jan

Post by Jan »

Good day John, you too have a great Friday and see ya around!
Jan