Fuel injection or carburetors???

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

KKV270

Fuel injection or carburetors???

Post by KKV270 »

Hi.

I am seeking advice regarding fuel injection system in comparison to carburetor system...what would you rather and why (for the type 4 engine).

I am having plenty of trouble linking a pair of carbs I bought to fit- the result- erratic running on ecceleration. I wouldn't know what linking kit to purchase at this point as the carbs were for Landrovers, I don't know much about linking kits and whether there are universal kinds...then not too sure whether even the pair of carbs I chose are best for me- I am wondering- what would your advice be regarding converting to fuel injection? I have never dealt with this kind of system and the fact that there's an electronic module, I get shivers as I fear a short-circuit could just render me stuck in the middle of nowhere (my thinking is with carbs, you could tinker around and get out of the woods).

Please help me- non of the things I'd ideally hope to purchase and fit come cheap, neither are easily accessible from where I am...and I've already bled off shillings and still stuck. Thanks.
KKV270

Re: Fuel injection or carburetors???

Post by KKV270 »

Hi.
Glad to report- I managed linking the two carbs. I used a simple mechanism- bicycle-brake-lines. So when the main cable pulls, it pulls both through the fastened conduits equally. That got me back onto the road.