Current Photo Gallery (since 2020)

All about posting attachments in the Forum and our Photo Gallery - Please abide by the rules of the forum when posting any pictures.
jmartini
Administrator

Current Photo Gallery (since 2020)

Post by jmartini »

The New 1966 Beetle Photo Gallery is now active, thanks to Mark at phpbbservices.

This Software replaces the previous Coppermine Gallery, therefore we need to start over with loading photos since there is no way for me to determine who uploaded which photos previously.
This software is Separate from the 1966 VW Beetle Forum Software. This means you need to register in the Photo Gallery too. I would recommend you use the same credentials you use in the Forum to keep things simple, but you are free to create any username and password you like.
So lets talk about how the registration and upload process works:

To Register:

You will access the photo gallery from the main www.1966vwbeetle.com web site. There is a button on the top of the screen that is called “Photo Gallery”. Once you click on that button you will be taken to the new photo gallery page. There is a link on the page to access the Photo Gallery. The instructions to enter pictures are also on that page.
Click on the link
To register, click on the “login” link on the top right of the screen in the gallery.
Next Click on the “Register” link which is just below the “Submit” button
Now, create your Username, Password, Confirm Password, and Email Address. Please leave the box that says “Send my connection settings by email” checked so that you get a registration email with all your information.

Once those items have been entered: Click the “Register” Button. A message will appear at the top of the screen “Successfully registered. You will receive an email soon with your connection settings. Welcome!

To add Photos to the Gallery:

From the Gallery home screen after you login:
Place your cursor over the word “Explore” on the top menu bar. That will expand a drop down menu. At the bottom of that drop down menu is the option “Upload Photos”. Click on “Upload Photos”.
Next select YOUR ALBUM by clicking on the arrow in the black box next to the word “Community”. You should see the word community and your userid available for selection. For Example: Community/BlueBug. In this example BlueBug would be whatever your userid is.
Once you have selected your Community/userid, go to the button right below and click on “Add Photos”
This should bring up a search on your home computer so you can find photos. Typically when you have selected a photo on your home computer you will need to press a button such as open to begin the upload process.
Once you are brought back to the Gallery, press the “Start Upload” button at the bottom of the screen. This will add the photo to the album associated with your userid. Each time you add a photo please make sure that the album it is going to is yours (your userid).

Thanks. John
moundtop

Re: New Photo Gallery 2020

Post by moundtop »

I don't know if I am blind or just plan stupid but I cannot seem to find the "Photo Gallery" button.
I am using the Firefox browser.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

It is located in the side menu of the main site www.1966vwbeetle.com
Donnaerync

New Photo Gallery 2020

Post by Donnaerync »

Just in the last week I cannot log on using my iPhone or iPad. I get a message saying I was banned from the forum.

I have no issues using a MacBook Pro.

This is a Recent issue only.

Any ideas?
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Odd, I have no idea why you wouldn’t be able to use your iPhone or iPad. I’ll look at your user info but I’m not sure that will shed any light on it. If you are logging in on a desktop or lap top and are successful you have not been banned.
Seibert66

Post by Seibert66 »

Hi John,
I followed the instructions, went into Photo Gallery, registered, and placed my cursor on the word "Explore" but the drop down menu doesn't show the word "upload photos". I was wondering if there is a glitch in the system...

Dario
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Seibert66 wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:20 pm Hi John,
I followed the instructions, went into Photo Gallery, registered, and placed my cursor on the word "Explore" but the drop down menu doesn't show the word "upload photos". I was wondering if there is a glitch in the system...

Dario
Hi Dario, Thanks for alerting me to this. It looks like the software has changed. Now to add photos you need to create an album, then open the album and across the top of the screen is a button for adding photos. I added one myself to make sure it works. Please try it and let me know if it works for you. This Photo Gallery is not the best, but it's free.
Seibert66

Post by Seibert66 »

Thanks John,
I noticed there is no option to "create an album"...do I have to download the Piwigo software on my computer in order to do that?
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

I don't think that will help, I've spent about an hour looking into this issue and cannot figure out what they have done to the software. It is not working the way it should, so I'll have to keep digging or find a new photo album software. Sorry about that!
Seibert66

Post by Seibert66 »

Thanks for checking into it...it's not a big deal...but it would be fun to be able to upload pics of our bugs...thanks
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Ok Seibert66, You should be good now. Hover over "Explore" then click on "Upload Photos". The next page will ask if you want to upload to the community folder or create your own album. Please create your own album to upload to and then drag your photos or search for them on your computer. Then lastly make sure you press the "Start Upload" button, because if you forget that step, even though it looks like the file is there, it will not go to the album. So give that a shot and tell me how it works. I temporarily created an Album called EVAGRACE to make sure it works on my end. Good luck...let me know. John
Seibert66

Post by Seibert66 »

Hi John,
I created an album called Seasand 1966...thanks for your help and guidance...if the album ended up in the wrong section I hope you can move it into the proper location... :)) LOL