Greetings from Delaware

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
jmadjeski

Greetings from Delaware

Post by jmadjeski »

Hi all!

I have loved the VW bug since I was a small child and my father owned a couple back in the early 80s. Recently, we got a new family van, which leaves me open to replace my family mobile with something more practical, and to my eternal surprise, my wife agreed that I should get a bug!

I've been looking through the papers and craiglist for a few days, and was delighted to find a beautiful black '66 which I will be looking at tomorrow. I will be using the inspection tips (awesome info, John!) and hopefully be bringing her home tomorrow! Small roadblock is that someone else is looking at it today, so I guess I'll just be hoping for the best!

This site was a great find! Talk to you all soon!
jmadjeski

Post by jmadjeski »

Here's a question:

My wife is nervous because I plan to get rid of my current car and use the '66 (if I get it) as my main car. Is it crazy to do that?
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Sorry - not sure how I missed this post. There are a lot of people using their bugs as daily drivers, even more now that the price of gas is so high.
I guess the question really comes down to how reliable is the new can and how many miles are on her engine. I would have no reservations about using my '66 as a comuter. Let me know what happened on your black '66.
thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Welcome!!! I missed this one too, strange. :?

Ah, well...Greetings from me! 8)
you know...what's his name....he's...thatguy

WIP: 1966 Restore