Sunvisors ...which goes where

Here's the place to come to post when you have questions relating to technical issues or mechanical questions on the 1966 model year.

Digger89L

Sunvisors ...which goes where

Post by Digger89L »

With the asymmetrical sunvisors on the 66 bug (as well as the 65 and 67 models) which one goes on the driver's side ...they slanty shaped one, or the more fuller shaped one? My guess was that the slanty shaped one went on the driver's side, because that's how it was on my project bug. But, I notice on the 66 parts bug, the slanty one was on the passenger side. My guess for the slanty one on the driver side (left hand drive) was to allow for the rearview mirror to swivelled so the longer section is toward the driver. So ...how did they do it at the factory??
"If you can't fix it with zip ties and duct tape, or hold it together with velcro or magnets, it REALLY is broken."
Digger89L

Post by Digger89L »

I think I've answered my own question. I found this photo of the interior of a 1967 VW bug on another forum. So ...I guess I was wrong about the mirror as well ....look like the 'longer side' goes toward the passenger, not the driver.
Attachments
Sunvisor positions left and right.JPG
Sunvisor positions left and right.JPG (14.55 KiB) Viewed 7980 times
"If you can't fix it with zip ties and duct tape, or hold it together with velcro or magnets, it REALLY is broken."