The 1966 VW Beetle Forum Forum Index The 1966 VW Beetle Forum
This Forum is proudly sponsored by
www.1966vwbeetle.com - "The Site for 1966 Beetle Owners & Fans"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bumper parts colors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The 1966 VW Beetle Forum Forum Index -> 1966 Technical or Mechanical Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digger89L

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Bumper parts colors Reply with quote

I've tried searching the forums for this info; I've reviewed photos of 'original' bugs;and I've checked with the online parts suppliers, but I can't seem to get a straight,consistent answer: what are the 'correct' colors for the bumper brackets and bumper support bars on a 66 Beetle? I've seen silver gray bars AND brackets; black bars AND brackets; silver bars and black brackets; and black bars and silver brackets. Anyone have the definitive correct answer? Thanks
hercdriver

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I bought my bumpers from Wolfsburg West, they insisted that silver was correct for 66 bumper brackets. I bought a can of their paint and it turned out well.

I believe this is it. I would call them to confirm it.

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=PAINTL91
Digger89L

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes....thanks for that info. I have had it confirmed elsewhere that silver/gray is the correct colour for the 66 bumper mounting bits. L91 sounds like the correct shade. Also had it confirmed with this photo from a 1966 VW brochure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The 1966 VW Beetle Forum Forum Index -> 1966 Technical or Mechanical Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: