VW Love

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
couion

VW Love

Post by couion »

Hello my name is Scott. I'm a south Louisiana native but have been living in Tennessee for about 11 years now. My VW love started with a Karmann Ghia that my dad had when I was about 6 or 7 years old. Then many old Beetles over the years. When I started driving I set out on a quest to find just the right Ghia for myself. Well 16 years later I found a beautiful 1970 Ghia and the rest is history. I now have had a 74 Super a 72 super a bradley GT 2 and am presently waiting for delivery of my 66 beetle that I have been trying to get for the last 10 years. The present owner just purchased a 1969 convertible and needed room in her garage for it so she decided to part with it and my timing couldn't have been better.Sorry to say that my Ghia got "T" boned right in the drivers door and was a total loss. Oh about me!! I am currently an automotive repair instructor and ASE Master Technician employed at a very large auto college in Nashville TN. Love my job and VW's Thanks.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hi Scott - Always great to have an automotive tech as a member here!!! Sorry to hear about your Ghia - what a heart-breaker. Looking forward to hearing more about your '66 when it arrives. My currrent '66 was another "Garage Cleaning" story as well - too many cars and she had to go - their loss-my gain, and it sounds like that's how it worked out for you too- congrats. John