Better late than never, '66 in process.

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
DavidRay

Better late than never, '66 in process.

Post by DavidRay »

My father hit me with the VW addiction when I was young. 30 years of dormant hibernation it surfaced with vengeance. Years of searching the local hot spots, nothing. Then my wife surprised me for our 15 year anniversary with my pride and joy. A '66 a very yellow '66, after driving it home from her storage unit hiding spot tore it completely apart, motor, chassis, doors, everything. I mean everything, nuts, seals, windows... OMG..... WTF????? ':shock:' What did I do? Still to this day haven't the slightest clue why I did that. Five years later. I have the chassis completely ready for it's body. I had the motor put back together by a semi-local VW mechanic (RIS Machine), transaxel new as can be (by Jim's Custom VW). I need to save $$ to have the body blasted (preferably dustless blasting), there are 7 coats of paint on my baby. This brings me to today, I will need you guys for the details on the ins and outs of the VW world. Thanks for being here. ':D'
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

Welcome to the site. Many here have done the same thing you did and will offer their help where possible. Good Luck!