My wife's '66 convertible

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
DPIGGUY

My wife's '66 convertible

Post by DPIGGUY »

My wife graduated high school in 1966 and for our 50th wedding anniversary, I told her we'd find her a 1966 convertible which she has always wanted. She previously owned a '70 and '73 bug but never forgot the '66 interest.

Found a running '66 locally after several months and after inspection and driving same, she was sure it was the one. Drove it as is for about a year then decided to have some restoration work done. That is a whole other story which was not an enjoyable adventure. Fast forward to last year and she finally got her bug back and has enjoyed it since.

As for me, its something to work on and seems to need my constant attention, or at least that is what I tell the wife while spending the majority of my time in the shop "working" on the details. Still learning to wrench on the car but so far it has been a joy to own and drive. The wife is happy, I have something to play with, and all is right with the world!
darzoom

Post by darzoom »

Have fun with Her! Both of them!