My UK '66 1300

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
Aircooledbenny

Post by Aircooledbenny »

looks sick, where can i get one of those deflectors from on the internet, I want a red one! 8)
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Repro ones are available in a bright red colour from StatusVW here in tge UK, they do other colurs too.

The one on mine is an original Sinko wirbulator/bug deflector and the clear colour is a little harder to get hold of. They did make them in red but to be honest it's more a Orange colour. There are some mad and funky original ones with thermometers built in and air speed things in them, they are all sorts of shapes and they can be cheaper than the repro ones from Status if you are lucky. Have a good look through eBay in America (not eBay UK) you'll be suprised at the bargains, do searches for sinko, wirbulator, vintage bug deflector etc

Good luck!

Alex
Last edited by crazydaze on Sat May 01, 2010 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Baron

Post by Blue Baron »

crazydaze wrote:
jmartini wrote:Alex - That is a beautiful car - and so much work went into it - most people would probably have just given up and let it go to the salvage yard - thankfully there are people like you out there that believe in bringing some of these cars back to their original glory - she's a great looking car - congratulations - I'm sure she turns heads where ever you go!
In the UK we have to deal with the dreaded rust on almost all the old VW's, and there are plenty that have to under go such drastic surgery, at least you have the escurity of knowing exactly what has been done and to what standard, and just driving the car more than makes up for the expense etc.

Alot of the metal may have been changed and worked on, but all the OG switch gear etc has been retained and of course plenty of accessories collected as well.

The car still runs the OG gear box, unfortunately the 1300 motor gave up a few years ago and was replaced by a 1600 tp with twin 40 dellortos - great for the extra power, kinda regret not keeping the OG motor and having it rebuilt now though, really shoulda at least kept it :?

Alex.
That's amazing. Only in the UK do you see that kind of dedication toward bringing back a rusty old car. Bravo.
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

That's amazing. Only in the UK do you see that kind of dedication toward bringing back a rusty old car. Bravo.
Thanks 8)

Alex.
Aircooledbenny

Post by Aircooledbenny »

hey dude, where did you get those trays that fold over the seats? I know where to get the ones that go over the window but the seat ones look rad.
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Aircooledbenny wrote:hey dude, where did you get those trays that fold over the seats? I know where to get the ones that go over the window but the seat ones look rad.
Ebay again ;-) These ones are made by Brexton, as are the door mounted ones 8)

Alex.
Aircooledbenny

Post by Aircooledbenny »

hey mate you doing Eastbourne extreme/Bus stop!?
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Aircooledbenny wrote:hey mate you doing Eastbourne extreme/Bus stop!?
Unfortunately not dude, I may be at Chalvington, almost certainly VW Action and Ultra Bug Boogie in September, anything else will be a last minute decision as there is quite alot of pressure on time at the weekends etc
Aircooledbenny

Post by Aircooledbenny »

thats a shame, you gotta do brighton again 8) I'l make sure your bug gets in the vid alot this year too!
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Aircooledbenny wrote:thats a shame, you gotta do brighton again 8) I'l make sure your bug gets in the vid alot this year too!
Thanks dude!

Alex.
Aircooledbenny

Post by Aircooledbenny »

Have you booked brighton yet? Can't wait !
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Not yet, am in discussions with my other half about it!

Alex.
armandjones82

Post by armandjones82 »

Going back to the topic, having some good auto parts would really compensate everything for the performance of an old school car. In this way, you would be able to really get things work good and all for your compliment.
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Aircooledbenny wrote:Have you booked brighton yet? Can't wait !
Yo Benny!

You planning on popping up to the Slough Swapmeet in a week or so?

Alex.
strikey1980

Post by strikey1980 »

Mate ............BEAUTIFUL !!!!

I'm hoping to get in a group/club . See your only over in Woking. I'm near camberley. You meet anywhere