My UK '66 1300

Let's hear about your 1966 VW Beetle - How long have you owned it? What attracted you to this specific model year? what makes it unique? PLEASE - NO TECHNICAL OR MECHANICAL QUESTIONS IN THIS FORUM - PLEASE POST THEM IN THE TECHNICAL/MECHANICAL SECTION. Thanks John
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Fantastic!
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Just had a couple of colour versions come through from the shoot the other day:

Now back into the garage to sort those parts out!

Alex. 8)
Attachments
032.jpg
032.jpg (50.18 KiB) Viewed 28687 times
Kilroy

Post by Kilroy »

Dude, nice car. :D . Especially like the black and yellow California plate. 8)
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Kilroy wrote:Dude, nice car. :D . Especially like the black and yellow California plate. 8)
Thanks mate!

The local police don't like them :lol: having said that, they don't like the lack of a front plate either! :lol: :lol:

Alex.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Gee was there a car in the picture? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, that is a beautiful beetle!!! I had to resize one of the photos becasue it was adding a scroll bar to the page. There is a photo attachment tool below the post box (button says "Browse") that will allow you to post photos up to a certian size and if they are too big they will be links to the photos - this keeps the page from having a scroll bar for easier reading.

I bet your buying extra copies of that Magazine to share with your family...you have to be excited and proud!
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

:lol: hey John, sorry about pic sizes, on my mac they fit the screen ok :? :oops:

This photoshoot was for the photographers portfolio, he hopes to put a gallery exhibition of his work together next year. In fact, we are already planning a second shoot where we can hopefully get some shots outside in better light, we had to find a car park as it was blowing a gale outside with heavy rain and freezing cold!!!

Alex.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

No problem at all - hey I'm looking forward to the next set of shots!
restocal63

Post by restocal63 »

Excellent as usual :D
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Hi guy's!

Been ages since I posted, but i'm still enjoying hanging round these parts though! 8)

So the UK show season starts in just over 3 weeks so am gonna start fitting some parts I have collected over the winter.

I started yesterday with a Kienzle dash clock. I bought this off a guy who took it out of his OG paint '66 bug he had had for 20 years but scrapped the car, he kept this for a few years as a momento but was kind enough to sell it to me a few months ago. I still need to wire it up, the grill came with the clock pre-cut, as were the trim pieces and speaker mesh, they certainly had'nt been hacked to get the clock to fit.

I will post the pics up as I fit some more parts over the next few weeks!

Alex.
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Hey Alex - Nice to hear from you again!!! It's beautiful! Congrats!
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Thanks John!

New years resolution number 1: MUST POST MORE OFTEN! :lol:

Alex. 8)
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Looks awesome.

Do people give you a hard time about the alberts on a late car? Too many purists over here whine about it, but personally I think it looks spot-on.
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

fatalifeaten wrote:Looks awesome.

Do people give you a hard time about the alberts on a late car? Too many purists over here whine about it, but personally I think it looks spot-on.
It's a '66 so it's not considered 'that' late cos of course they are designed to fit the wide trim, IMO they would'nt be right on a post '67 because of the narrow trim supplied as stock on that year and up? Having said that, they actually do look ok on a late car, I saw a couple of cars last year in France running them and they matched the theme of the cars so I think that's why they were 'ok'

So I guess no, no-one has given me grief (other than that they are repro :lol: )

Alex.
crazydaze

Post by crazydaze »

Update:

At last, finally I have fitted Stainless Euro Blade bumpers and Overiders (with Flat4 accessory Rubber trims) and I get to see the car how it came from the factory, It's always had repro US Secs on the car and I'm liking the new/old look :lol: Will probaly remove the bumper bars as they kinda distract the lines I think?

Alex.
fatalifeaten

Post by fatalifeaten »

Looks awesome. :)