Hi from Kingston Ontario, Canada

This is the place to introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself.....
Deaner74

Hi from Kingston Ontario, Canada

Post by Deaner74 »

Hey everyone,

Just joined today.

I recently aquired a mixed breed 66 bug from my dad, which i originally bought for him in 1996, (ill explain)

Its a 66 body, used to be a hard top, but the previous owner chopped it to make it a convertable.

It has a 1600 CC engine AE block, 1971 i believe, which i just had rebuilt more or less.

and i just replace the front beam with a 71, thanks to a knowledgeable friend who helped.

On top of it all its got a baja fibreglass kit.

Its on jack stands with the wheels off as i am doing a partial restore to get it on the road for this summer. After all is said and done i will have to put a CIP1 endorsement sticker on it for the sheer volume of parts i have purchased from them. lol

I will be posting some pics shortly and hope to learn a few tricks of the trade that all the books i purchased didnt teach me.

By the way this is my first bug and before 6 months ago i knew nothing of them so if i reply with, "HUH, what does that mean", please bear with me as i am trying to figure this simple little monster out.

Thanx

Deaner
jmartini
Administrator

Post by jmartini »

Welcome to the Forum!
Bug-Eyed

Post by Bug-Eyed »

Welcome to The 1966 VW Beetle Forum. It sounds like you have somewhat of a hybrid huh? Got any pictures?
Retired 21 years US Army - 11B40, 173rd Airborne Brigade